Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Favorite Books - Little House Series

This is a small review about one of my favorite book series that I ever like to read again and again. My mom is a great story-teller. I love to hear my mom talk about her parents, her grand parents and her siblings. That’s why I love family stories. Perhaps little house is one of the reasons I have always love stories.
Little house series books were written by Laura Ingalls Wilder in 1930s. The little house series books are based on old memories of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s childhood in the Midwest region of the United States during the late 19th century.
Little house on the prairie is third book in the series. The story, very briefly is about Laura, a pioneer girl and her family as they travel by covered wagon into new territory. Once they arrive, they try to make their new home. They build house, barn, dig well, meet neighbors and explore fields etc. However, their time in Kansas isn’t without troubles as the family is plagued by wolves, native Indians, wild fire and diseases.
I was so sad when I came to the last word in the last book. The little house series covers, little house in the big woods (1932), farmer boy (1933), little house on the prairie (1935), on the banks of plum creek (1937), by the shores of silver lake (1939), the long winter (1940), little town on the prairie (1941), these happy golden years (1943), the first four years (1971).
After reading the series, I wanted to live in one room with my whole family and have a corncob doll as my own. I wanted to do chores like carry water, churn butter, play along the prairie. I say I want to do all these things though that may not have been what I truly desired. For a while I had a close imaginary friendship with Laura when reading these books. Everything in these books are narrated like a scene by scene picturisation of a movie as clear and sharp so that anyone can visualize it in their mind while reading.
I simply loved the little house books because of the charm of the language, characters and stories. I believe that the little house books contain both practical and spiritual lessons that help us thoughtfully achieve both things. These books are for readers of all ages, points a bright way down good path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are More Valuable...Submit Them Here