Thursday, September 26, 2013

Truth Always Prevails

Many of the morals and principles that we live by throughout our life were given by our parents when we are young. Among other things, parents are largely responsible for building the character of their children. They are our role models.
When I was a kid, my mother used to tell me that, although she was good, truthful and honest person, it didn’t pay to be that way. She wanted me to be same as good. She said that dishonest and conniving people are the ones who get ahead in this world. Though I was young, somehow I knew in my heart and my soul that her perspective was wrong. I didn’t understand why. But as I observed the world around me, it often appeared that she was right. This was very confusing for me to process.
I don’t want to stray too far from the focus of the article. The point that I am trying to make is that what we see with our eyes is not always true. We see many people climbing up the ladder of success through lies, cheating and dishonest means. It’s equally true that at the end such success will only short live.
We travel our path of life facing people and situations that test us, at times being seen as guilty, until we can prove our innocence. This is harder when it is a true friend or loved one doesn’t believe us. What can we do? Trust, truth shall always find its way to be known and shown. Sadly it may be too late. The friendship, the love may be damaged too greatly. But there is no escape from the truth. It’s god’s law, a universal law, the truth will always win through.
Our thoughts should agree with our words, our words should agree with our actions. Though we can’t undo anything we have already done in life, we can face up to it. We can tell the truth and seek forgiveness. Truth is the gateway to the kingdom to god.

              “Three things cannot be long hidden: The Sun, The Moon and The Truth”
                                                                                                              -Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are More Valuable...Submit Them Here